Tennis looks up to build off conference win

Delaney Jackson, Assistant Editor-in-Chief

The boys tennis team has had one of its best seasons so far, and looks to finish it out strong.

Junior Chase Klosener talks about how he thinks the season has gone thus far.

“The season has gone pretty well. We’re 11-1 in the regular season and have done decent in tournaments. We just went undefeated in conference and won it. Now I just hope we do as well in Districts,” Klosener said.

The team won conference this year, which was the first time since 2014. Senior Brady Dunlap discusses how he felt when they won.

“Our biggest accomplishment this season is winning conference, because we haven’t won conference since 2014 which was my freshman year,” Dunlap said.

Dunlap has been on the team for all four year of his high school career, and says that this year is very different than previous years.

“This season is very different from last year because we were still in the “building” stage and developing new players last year, but this year we are very strong and have a really solid varsity team as well as JV,” Dunlap said.

The team has had one of its most successful seasons in recent history. Klosener reflects on some of his favorite parts of the season.

“The best part of this season has probably been how entertaining all the old guys are as well as the new guys on the team have been this year. We’ve had a lot of fun so far which is all you can ask for. But I also have to say that having a winning record isn’t all bad either. We struggled in recent years but I am glad we could pull it out this season,” Klosener said.