Students put on a theatrical exposure of their talents

Austin Moon and Megan Bishop dancing at Southern Exposure. Photo by Alyssa Meyer.

Carissa Alford, Reporter

Every year the choir students at South put together a variety show full of their multiple talents called Southern Exposure. Although it is a requirement for members in choir, every person who participated said they had a fun time preparing and performing.

Many of the students are involved in multiple numbers. Senior Megan Bishop is in quite a few herself.

“I have nine numbers. I have six numbers with group choir, chamber, a cappella and then I have three of my own small groups. One was a number I sing and dance in that I choreographed,” Bishop said.

Many seniors are involved in more than three numbers, such as Zion Hotchkins, Miranda Patterson, Aubrey Pycior, Austin Moon, Austyn McIntyre and countless others.

For all of the seniors, Southern Exposure was the last time performing with the friends they have made through the years. Senior Izze Loos explains how important this show was for her.

“Southern Exposure this year was extremely special to me and all of the other seniors. This was our last chance to show everyone what we got. I loved every second of it and will miss it a lot,” Loos said.

However, the seniors weren’t the only ones who carried the show. A number of underclassmen undertook many roles. Junior Lexi Holder was in eight numbers.

“I put in a lot of work. There was a lot of outside time that I put in and then the in class time we spent working was insane,” Holder said.

Choir director Jason Bean has had the choir students working every day after school for a month preparing for the performance.

“What we try to do is make a variety show and what a variety show does encloses different emotions and a variety of different talents so that we hopefully entertain the audience and give our kids a chance to perform music that we don’t normally perform during the year,” Bean said.

Over a hundred students were involved with Southern Exposure this year and all of them made a show that was immensely memorable that never had a dull moment. If you were unable to attend the performance this year, it was live streamed online at jagnewsonline.com