Fall play begins at South

Caeden Smithpeter, Online Editor

Blue Springs South has been getting ready to perform the fall play, “They Came From Somewhere” for the past two months.

“They Came From Somewhere” is about when a meteor streaks out of the southern sky and lands near the town of Latigo, Texas, a town so small that it is about to drop off the map. A family of four from New York City is stuck in this small town. After their car breaks down, which, coincidentally, happens at the same time of the meteor falling, the people from the small town are convinced the family of four from New York are aliens brought by the media.

Theatre President Lauren Manade is very excited for the fall play.

“I really enjoy being theatre president this year. It’s going to be a great year, filled with great productions. The play is very funny and filled with wacky scenes,” Manade said.

Junior Averie Kirk plays Bethesda Pitts, a teenager who wants most in the world, is to break away from her small town and move to the big city where she can pursue a career in acting and baton twirling.

Kirk shared her favorite party about being a part of  the play.

“My favorite part about being in the play is getting to spend every day with my friends and fellow cast members, putting together a show that’ll be fun for the audience. I love my character and the storyline as a whole, I am excited for people to come out and see it,” Kirk said.

Come catch the fall play on October 19th, 20th, and 21st at 7pm for $7. The theatre department will also put on a musical, ‘Back to the 80’s’ in February and will have student directed one-acts in April.