JagNewsOnline.com

Football player, Student Senate president named August students of the month

Student Senate president  Courtney Cook was selected as the female student of the month for August.

Student Senate president Courtney Cook was selected as the female student of the month for August.

By Hallie Robinson

Reporter

Football player Chase Terry was selected as the male student of the month for August.

The Blue Springs South August students of the month are seniors Chase Terry and Courtney Cook. Both students are very involved with their school and work hard towards their goals.

Terry is on the football team and in student senate. He was nominated by social studies teacher Jamie Fournier. Fournier says “He is one of the hardest-working kids I’ve met. He is a role model, he’s got what it takes to be a student athlete; he has admiration for his teammates and coaches, and his fellow team mates respect him as a person.”

When asked about how he felt about being student of the month, Terry says he was shocked and honored, and happy to be recognized as a leader.

Cook is involved with the soccer team and is president of student senate. She says she was honored and excited to be recognized as student of the month, and she has known social studies teacher, Susan Bubalo, who nominated her, through senate.

Bubalo says Cook is “an awesome kid. She really stepped up this summer so senate was ready for the school year. She is thoughtful, compassionate, and works hard.”

• Football player, Student Senate president named August students of the month

Showcase

Snowy images of Blue Springs South

Showcase

South golfer swings into state tournament

News

Swimmer, soccer player chosen as October students of the month

Showcase

Images from South’s softball state championship

Photojournalism

Pink Strong brings out fans from both schools

Showcase

Senior All-State soccer player leads Jaguars

Showcase

South adding a freshman wing, a black box theater, and sports facilities

Showcase

District establishes one-to-one program for high school students

Photojournalism

Fall sports photos by South’s photojournalism students

News

Musicians selected as students of the month

The student media site of Blue Springs South High School