JagNewsOnline.com

• June 7Soph. Registration - Aug. 3rd

• January 24Senior Registration - Aug. 1st

• January 24Junior Registration - Aug. 2nd

Football player, Student Senate president named August students of the month

Student Senate president  Courtney Cook was selected as the female student of the month for August.

Student Senate president Courtney Cook was selected as the female student of the month for August.

By Hallie Robinson

Reporter

Football player Chase Terry was selected as the male student of the month for August.

The Blue Springs South August students of the month are seniors Chase Terry and Courtney Cook. Both students are very involved with their school and work hard towards their goals.

Terry is on the football team and in student senate. He was nominated by social studies teacher Jamie Fournier. Fournier says “He is one of the hardest-working kids I’ve met. He is a role model, he’s got what it takes to be a student athlete; he has admiration for his teammates and coaches, and his fellow team mates respect him as a person.”

When asked about how he felt about being student of the month, Terry says he was shocked and honored, and happy to be recognized as a leader.

Cook is involved with the soccer team and is president of student senate. She says she was honored and excited to be recognized as student of the month, and she has known social studies teacher, Susan Bubalo, who nominated her, through senate.

Bubalo says Cook is “an awesome kid. She really stepped up this summer so senate was ready for the school year. She is thoughtful, compassionate, and works hard.”

• Football player, Student Senate president named August students of the month

Showcase

Get To Know: Dwila Funk

Showcase

Students donate to food drive for Community Unity Week

Entertainment

Video game and anime club draws a crowd

Showcase

Air Force JROTC cadets recognized at decoration ceremony

• Showcase

Taylor Swift concert at Arrowhead does not disappoint

Showcase

ROTC cadets march to memorialize Bataan death march

Showcase

Getting to Know: Officer Jon Mitchell

Showcase

Associate principal heads to the Freshman Center

Features

Jaguar Pride performs in Washington D.C.

Features

Bond measure set to be put to vote in August

The student media site of Blue Springs South High School