Local family-owned business thrives

Brewers Bar and Grill strives to create a family-like environment. Photo by Patterson Fallis

Brewer’s Bar and Grill strives to create a family-like environment. Photo by Patterson Fallis

Patterson Fallis, Reporter

By Patterson Fallis

Reporter

Brewer's Bar and Grill strives to create a family-like environment. Photo by Patterson Fallis

The aroma of burgers and wings hits you right as you walk in to Brewer’s Sports Bar & Grill.

Opened in 2013 and located at 1120 W Main Street, Brewer’s is a fairly new business in the local Blue Springs area. They serve the traditional bar and grill food, consisting of burgers, wings, chicken tenders, and more.

Leslie Brewer, co-founder of Brewer’s, talked about the opening of Brewer’s.

“We have been in the restaurant business for twenty-three years; before Brewer’s, we owned Waffle Houses for twelve years. Being a chain, we had to follow their concepts and rules. We had talked about owning our own restaurant so that’s what we did,” Leslie Brewer said, “In March of 2013, we bought a building and started construction. We restored the building back to its original look as it was in 1902. It took us 4 months to complete and we opened in August.”

Dustin Brewer, youngest child in the family and sophomore at South, also weighed in on what it is like to own a business

“It is a lot of hard work. I go there for about an hour and a half everyday after I get done with school activities and wash dishes. My parents and my older brother are at the restaurant all the time,” Dustin Brewer said.

Jared Ravencamp, sophomore at South, is a regular customer at Brewer’s.

“Its just very relaxed. The great food and friendly atmosphere keep me coming back,” Ravencamp said.

According to Carter Woods, all Angus beef hamburgers are a must have.

“I love their hamburgers, especially their Smoking Brewer Burger. They are cooked to perfection and all of the flavors come together very nicely,” Woods said.

With the Kansas City Royals playoff run this year, Leslie Brewer talked about how busy the restaurant has been.

“We have people arriving three hours before game time just to get a table. That’s so humbling to me considering there are so many other choices of restaurants in the area,” Leslie Brewer said.

The atmosphere at Brewer’s is something different than anyone has felt before, Dustin Brewer said.

“We try to make families feel at home. We know who they are, what they drink, and about them personally,” Dustin Brewer said.