The student media site of Blue Springs South High School

JagNewsOnline.com

• June 7Soph. Registration - Aug. 3rd

• January 24Senior Registration - Aug. 1st

• January 24Junior Registration - Aug. 2nd

Donald’s Dialogue

Donald Kelly, Former Entertainment Editor

It has been an up and down rollercoaster with the people here at South,  but with all things in consideration I am going to miss this place.

Blue Springs South is where I set my foundation of who I am and who I will become. It all starts with my friends that I’ve made. I’ve made close friends that I will know for the rest of my life and have influenced me to do what I want to do in life. Ever since freshman year, my friend Isaiah Jackson tried to get me to go to this teen talk show called Generation Rap. It’s a show completely produced by high school students. Without him introducing me to Generation Rap, I don’t think I would want to get into journalism.

I’ve also made a lot of good relationships with my teachers. Two teachers who will have a long lasting impact on me is Donna Stotts and Pete Grigsby. I had Stotts sophomore year for CSI, and she was a kind-hearted person that would allow you to have fun in her class which allowed me to make a relationship with her. I visit her in two different hours every day. If you’ve seen me peep into her classroom once or twice this year, you would think she would have a sign telling me to stay out but she couldn’t get rid of me if she tried. I love her and I will definitely miss her when I go off to college.

The other teacher is Mr. Grigsby. The “Weather Man” was one of my favorite teachers since sophomore year when I had him in my intro class. He taught me just about everything I know regarding broadcast journalism. Before I came to Jag TV, I just wanted to be an NBA commentator but Mr. Grigsby gave me a more open mind about what you can do in broadcast journalism.

There is a lot of people that have touched me and affected how I am. They have also helped me make a bunch of memories I will remember for the rest of my life. Every time I think of things like Mr. Jag, senior field day, and how I am soon to be walking across that graduation stage, it makes me miss everything about this school. But I get even more excited when I realize I’m moving on to the next stage of my life and I can go try to become all I’ve strive to be.

Donald’s Dialogue