“TBH” app is a pointless use of time

Emma Anderson, Features Editor

There are a lot of new apps that gain and lose popularity and the new TBH (To Be Honest) app is one that most students can’t seem get behind.

When you get this app it first has you sign up and create a username. It then asks you to select your grade and school so it can connect you with other people that you may know. This app has become somewhat popular among our age group and there are nearly 400 people in the Blue Springs South group.

The app makes polls that say things like “who am I dying to add on snapchat?” or “I want to get the courage to talk to you.” and you chose which person applies most to you out of 4 total choices. The choices are entered randomly  by the app based off of who goes to your school and is close to your age.The person you chose each time will get a notification called a “nugget”. These notifications are all anonymous, the only thing you will know is what gender and what grade the person who chose you is.

If you want to find out the name of who is choosing you in these polls you can send them a message and that message will not be anonymous so they will know it is you.

I downloaded this app myself and I think it is extremely pointless and a waste of time. I honestly find it kind of creepy and invasive when they ask you for your age and school. It’s not that important to me to see who thinks I’m attractive between only 4 people when 2 of which are guys.

The polls are lame and irrelevant and it’s obvious they are made by the app and not by real people. It’s just a waste of storage space for me.

Junior Ellie Branski downloaded the app and deleted it the next day,

“I think this app is terrible, it was not well thought out and I would not redownload it. It wasnt even fun or a good way to waste time in fact it made you wait almost an hour to be able to participate in the next game of polls,” said Branski.

I also think that instead of the app making up the polls it should allow the players to make them up so that it is more personal and not so random. That way the polls would be more relatable.

Senior Deshawn Lovejoy does not recommend the app.

“I only had this app for a couple days and it just got extremely old after awhile. The app is kind of a mess and it would put my own name in the polls I was voting on which makes no sense. One time the same 4 people showed up on nearly 5 polls in a row and that is just very unorganized,” said Lovejoy.

So basically the app is a waste of time and storage so I would not advice not downloading it.