Fall activities achieve great success

Ethan James, Reporter

The semester has been a very busy, and very successful one for many Jaguars this year. The semester is not even yet over and there is still a large list of accomplishments, and with this many achievements this semester, the spring is sure to bring many more.

Many of the female teams across South achieved very good results this season. The South cheerleading team made history this year by placing first in the state championship. The girls tennis team finished their season off as District Champions. Girls cross country placed well in a variety of competitions: District Champions, 2nd place in Sectionals, and 5th place at state. And two ladies were recognized as All-State performers, Tori Findley and Danielle Hotalling. Volleyball also had a very successful season finishing with a record of 34-4-1. They also took the title of Conference, District, and Sectional champions. Genna Berg and Camryn Gregston were both named All-State athletes, and Genna Berg was also named All-American. Lastly for the girls, the Jag softball team finished their season with a 28-4 record and were named District champs and State Runner-Up.

The boys teams at South had many accomplishments of it’s own as well. Boys Soccer finished the season as District champs. The boys swim and dive team had many accomplishments as well, they were named Conferences champions and state runner-up. Alex Burt, Cole Greashaber, and Kevin Schlenger were named All-State divers. Many Jags also were named All-State swimmers: Chase Graham, Ben Morgan, Nick Keller, Kyle Hepting, and Jake Workman.

Sports teams weren’t the only groups around South gaining achievements either, Jaguar Pride placed 2nd overall at the Bands of America regional, 1st overall at the River City showcase, 1st overall at the Park Hill marching festival, and 18th out of 64 bands at the Bands of America Super Regional.