Construction deliveries to temporarily disrupt parking in blue lot

This photo indicates where student parking spots in the blue lot will be temporarily lost  Feb. 19-22 so construction crews can make deliveries for the freshman wing addition.

This photo indicates where student parking spots in the blue lot will be temporarily lost Feb. 19-22 so construction crews can make deliveries for the freshman wing addition.

By Emily Wilson

Reporter

Starting Tuesday, February 19 through Friday, February 22, South students will be temporarily losing up to 48 blue lot parking spots. The construction crews will be using the spots for trucks to safely turn around to deliver pre-cast gym walls. The walls will be going up next week on the freshman wing addition. Students should plan on getting to school earlier next week to be more likely to find a desired parking space in the blue lot

Over the last two weeks, administration has been surveying the parking lots on any given day and they say there will be enough spots for students to park where they normally park and to accommodate students from the blue lot to overflow into the silver and green lot. If you can’t find parking in any of the lots, there are spots located behind the silver lot by the softball fields at Young Park that can be used for overflow, but students have been asked to park where you normally park, then look in other lots, and lastly go behind the park.

“I’m not saying it’s going to be an easy or perfect thing, but the bottom line is we are in a construction zone and it’s the only way to get the material where we need them,” Assistant Principal Ryan Gettings said.

“We’ve lost spots and we will continue to temporarily lose more and gain them back. The most important thing is that everyone is parking where their pass belongs. It helps everyone by following those guidelines.”