New bowling alley and gaming restaurant opens

Main Event has many lanes for bowling. Photo by Patterson Fallis

Patterson Fallis, Reporter

By Patterson Fallis

Reporter

The neon lights of Main Event immediately grab your attention and the Las-Vegas like scene looks futuristic. The newest family-oriented entertainment center has opened in Independence.

Located at 4600 S Cochise Ct, Independence, Missouri, Main Event is a fifty-thousand square foot building with a family friendly vibe. Bowling, video games, gravity ropes, 2-story laser tag and more, Main Event closely compares with Dave and Busters.

Manager Aaron Wrightsman talked about the impact of Main Event locally.

“Strikerz found out that we were opening and they shut down. I would say we are ten times better than Strikerz ever could be,” Wrightsman said.

Main Event is not only games, but a restaurant too. They have a pizza shop called “La Bella’s” inside the facility along with the Main Event menu which consists of your typical bar food.

Sophomore Kaylee Connors shared her experience at Main Event when it first opened in November.

“It is really cool and it is so much bigger than anything we have around here. The laser tag is fun because it has two levels in it. There is a ramp that you walk up and you can shoot people from above but they can also shoot you from below. Overall it was a really fun experience,” Connors said.

Wrightsman is very confident about this new business.

“We are fifty-thousand square feet of awesome. The atmosphere is like no other. It’s very family friendly and we want to keep it that way. If you come in here wanting to have a good time, we will make sure you have a good time,” Wrightsman said. “There is nothing else like this around here. I would describe Main Event as a Dave and Busters meets restaurant meets a bowling alley.”